Mike & Kathy Weaver

BY HIS ABIDING PRESENCE WE REFLECT HIS GLORY!!

Monday, June 13, 2005

Hello, From Mike's Other Half!


Yes, Mike does have another half! Here in Peru, a wife is sometimes called "la mejor parte de la naranja", which is, the better half of the orange!

I wanted to say "hello" to all of you who read this blog. Life in Lima has been hectic this last month, to say the least. We have been blessed with 17 summer missionaries who are, at this moment, scattered all over southern Peru. They have followed the Lord's call to evangelize, disciple and minister to the precious mountain people of Peru, as well as research areas that may have no viable witness. Pray for them with us,that they stay healthy, alert, sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and that they stay warm. It has been brutally cold in some of the mountain areas, much colder than we anticipated. They are a very special group of young people!

We also had 8 volunteer teams come in around the same time as the summer teams, so there has been a ton of logistics to keep up with. Through it all, I made only one big booboo! I left one team at the airport without a taxi pick-up. Praise God for men who take the initiative and got their own! They were so gracious to me and forgave me my error.

While Mike was on a vision trip with Bell Shoals Baptist Church, he left me in charge of the fort. During his absence, 3 other teams arrived in Lima, all with needs and at times, I thought I passed myself coming and going! God's grace was sufficient, though, and I pray that none of those teams left feeling slighted. Mike is preparing to go again, this time with Kirby Woods Baptist Church, and as before, I will be keeping the home fires burning. Pray for us both, please, as we carry on together, but apart. You will hear from me again! Have a wonderful day!

Blessings to all, Kathy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home